My Home Town is Toronto Canada

Amy Stovel - Hometown Toronto

My hometown is Toronto, Canada.  The city is situated on one of the Great Lakes, and best viewed from one of the islands called Center Island. In fact, most postcard photos of Toronto are taken from Center Island. I remember taking the ferry to the islands on many occasions for family picnics.  The islands have been made into a large pedestrian-only park. There are train rides, paddleboat rides, cotton candy, and many more things to enjoy, but my favorite thing to do was to sit at the water's edge feeding ducks, while admiring the beautiful skyline.   Part of what made the skyline so beautify, as well as unique, was the CN tower.  The CN tower was the tallest free-standing structure in the world at the time, and I was fascinated by it.  I remember my first visit to the top of the tower.  The elevator ride up was fast and thrilling, standing on the glass floor in the observation deck and looking down a thousand feet below was a little scary, but what a view!

Toronto is known as the most multicultural city in the world.  I consider myself very blessed to have grown up surrounded by so much culture and with friends from all over the world.  I had friends from Egypt, Greece, Bulgaria, Pakistan, Jamaica and many other countries.  The restaurants in Toronto are amazing.  You can find absolutely any type of cuisine you desire.  If you wanted Egyptian food, you not only got the best there is this side of Egypt, but you experienced it like a real sultan in his royal tent; relaxing on the floor on cushions while sampling delicacies and watching belly dancers.

Amy Stovel hometown Toronto Canada
Amy Stovel's hometown
Amy Stovel currently lives in sunny CA!  Check out this post:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love CA

Put on a helmet and lets ride!!!